The Positives :
- The Irish Software Industry has revenues of over $6 Billion every year of large percentage is license revenues on software sales.
- The Irish Government has set up huge incentives to Software companies to produce Software in Ireland. Most companies use this to their advantage and have set up “Software production” for distribution in Europe.
- The Irish Software industry is very mature and programmers are extremely skilled in latest technologies. Also there is low turnover so the quality of programmers is extremely good.
- A major source of revenue is on Internationalization and localization of Software programs.
The Negatives :
- The biggest problem with Ireland is the number of Software programmers it produces every year.
The number is extremely low despite Government initiatives to increase this. Companies are looking
to acquire companies overseas to enhance their billable capacity. Ireland’s graduate roughly 5000
software programmers every year. This is not sufficient to build any credible Software Outsourcing
- The other problem with Ireland is labor cost. A programmer costs roughly $25,000 to $40,000 per
year compared to $6000 to $20,000 per year in India.
Back to the Major Players in Outsourcing page.